Berks County has now entered the green phase, meaning we can resume dine-in eating at limited capacity. Dining-room reservations are highly recommended, but the bar will remain as first come first serve. Please be patient as this is all new to us, and policies are likely to change as we find out what works or not.
Before we open, there’s a few things you need to know….
1. MASKS ARE REQUIRED except when you are seated, or if you have a medical condition. Yes, we know you don’t like wearing them (to be honest neither do we!) but to safely serve our patrons and protect our staff, we respectfully ask that you comply with this. (We still have a few masks available for sale, and all proceeds will continue to benefit the Kempton Community Center).
2. Our hours are changing. The new hours are Wednesday through Sunday, 11am-10pm; the kitchen will be open for dine-in and takeout from 11am-9pm. Saturday, July 4th, we will be open from 11am-5pm.
3. The dining room will be RESERVATION ONLY from 5-9pm. If you are coming earlier in the day, please call ahead to check for availability in the dining room. Also, we may have to split large parties into smaller tables, depending upon the number of reservations. The bar is walk-in only, on a first come, first serve basis. There are a few tables on the porch and you are welcome to eat your takeout food there (we may or may not be able to offer full service on the porch, depending upon how busy we are). To make reservations for the dining room, call us at 610-756-6588. We’re not open today (Tuesday, June 30) so leave a message on the answering machine and we will get back to you tomorrow to confirm your reservation.
4. Both the dining room and bar have limited capacity, so we apologize for any inconvenience, but we may not always be able to allow everyone in. If you have a reservation, we will do our best to seat you at the correct time- please do not arrive early for your reservation, as we may not have space to accommodate you earlier. Because we do not have a large waiting area, please remain in your car or outside until the time of your reservation.
5. Because of limited capacity, at this point we are not allowing anyone under 21 years old in the bar. Also, to keep the proper distance between patrons, we ask that you leave the tables and chairs where they have been placed. You will need to be seated while in the bar.
6. We won’t rush anyone through their meal, but we kindly ask that you understand our limited capacity and social distancing guidelines may make it necessary to ask that you don’t “linger” after your meal, to ensure that we have time to properly clean and sanitize between parties.
7. We will be following the guidelines for cleaning, social distancing, etc., as well as we are able. This may lead to changes as we figure out the best way to serve everyone. Also, these guidelines mean that our dining room and bar have a slightly different layout than normal, and we are limiting the number of items on each table to expedite the cleaning process.
8. Finally, if you are experiencing any symptoms of, or think you may have been exposed to, COVID-19, please DO NOT come to the Hotel until you are well again. We want to make sure we all stay as healthy as possible through this! Takeout is always available for anyone that needs it.
Thank you so much for your understanding of these policies! We’re hoping that we can go back to normal again soon, but in the meantime, we are very much looking forward to seeing you all again!
GROWLERS ARE HERE!
Bring in your own Growler or purchase a Yuengling Growler from us for $7.50. Fills of Yuengling, Labatt, and Miller Lite are $8. Fills of PBR are $5. Call ahead for specialty/craft beer prices.
The Kempton Hotel is a laid back, family owned and operated restaurant that boasts a rich history since 1874. We want to create an experience for patrons with the knowledge of our history, our home-style cooking, and exceptional service. Our deep roots in our community and culture is brought to the forefront of our establishment to create a unique and fun dining experience every time you’re in.